Thursday, November 21, 2013

Why are so called Christians afraid of magic? #JesusFreak

I will start by saying I am a follower and believer of Jesus Christ, so much so I even have "Jesus Freak" tattooed on my forearm. I have been blessed in so many ways in my life and I am blessed to be able to provide entertainment for a living and use that to share the good news of the Gospel through my entertainment. I offer a stage show Called WISDOM which is a Christian Illusion Performance which uses demonstrations which take years to master that tell Biblical teachings and stories thru the art of Magic and Illusions.

Here is where I see that some Christians have a problem. They fear the unknown and they assume that all Magic must be Dark Magic or the work of the devil. But I just can't grasp why a Christian can believe in a God who the can't hear, see, or touch can say that what I do as an entertainer is in any way evil.

Here is an email I received from a Church in response to an email I sent to all local churches in Georgia about my entertainment services.
-------------------
Hello,

My first thought was to pass over to your email offering your services to my church, but since you live in my hometown and my ministry specializes in uncovering darkness I thought I would email you. Christian and Magician do not go together.  All references to magic in the bible come from a demonic source.  The word "Sorcery" in the bible means magic.  You can reference it in strong's concordance.  I am sure that many overlook it and take it as being harmless, but we who call ourselves Christians should take caution that we do not mix light and dark things.  It is not my purpose to offend, but to save a soul and make a friend for eternity.

God Bless,

James
www.righteousnessministries.org


-------------------

So tell me what is your thoughts on this subject?

Look over my website and see for yourself that what I do as an entertainer is simply to do Gods work and bring others to know Jesus Christ as there Lord and Saviour.

www.Zmagicshow.com





No comments:

Post a Comment